Double Chocolate Chip Cookie
22 min | 10 min prep | 6 dozen
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half (or light cream)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add half-and-half and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cocoa, and soda; add to creamed mixture, beating just until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 1 1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes (do not over bake).
- Cool slightly on cookie sheet before moving to a rack.