May the 4th Be With You! Happy Star Wars Today!
We have the perfect treat for your favorite Star Wars fan today with our Galactic Swirl Sugar Cookies. Happy Star Wars Day & May the 4th be with you!
Galactic Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Food coloring in various Star Wars Galactic colors
- Combine 1 cup butter, sugar and egg in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add orange juice and vanilla; mix well. Reduce speed to low; add flour and baking powder. Beat until well mixed.
- Portion dough into ball shapes for guests. And place into individual ziplock bags.
- Add 2-3 drops of food coloring to bag and seal shut.
- Smash dough into coloring until desired effect.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface, to 1/8 to 1/4-inch thickness
- Pat out cookie into desired shape.
- Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 6 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
Yield: 3 dozen cookies