In a lot of ways we are like any other kitchen; Monday rolls around and we take a look at what’s left over in our fridge and wonder what on earth to make with what’s left over.
Today is one of those days. I love looking at any meal time as a fun challenge to see how many things I cam create with what’s on hand. Today we had some radishes and cavatappi pasta to use and my new favorite way to eat radishes is sauteed in a little olive. Cooking radishes helps bring out their sweetness. Here is my recipe for a Spring Pesto Pasta Salad with sauteed radishes and leeks. Enjoy.
Spring Pesto Pasta Salad
- 1 1/2 Cups radishes, quartered
- 1/4 tsp salt & 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Pkg. cavatappi pasta, cooked & cooled (Any favorite pasta will work for this)
- 1 Leek, sliced into 1/4 ” rings (about 1 cup)
- 1 Can white beans, (cannellini bean or northern bean) rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp. Basil Pesto Sauce
- 2-3 Sprigs Dill, minced
- Cook pasta according to package directions, and chill while preparing the rest of the salad
- In a medium pan, heat pan over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add quartered radishes to oil and season with salt and pepper. Sautee radishes until they start to caramelize around the edges.
- Add in the leeks and stir to combine. continue to cook the leeks with the radish until the leeks are tender. About 2-3 minutes.
- Toss cooked and cooled pasta with the pesto, radishes , leeks, rinsed and drained beans, and minced dill
- garnish with dill
From the Way Cool Kitchen,
Bon Appétit -Mary Matthews