No Dirty Dishes Day!
We/re glad we are not the only ones who somedays just want a break from doing the dishes!
That’s why we cuoldn’t be happier to celebrate “No Dirty Dishes” day with this great recipe for foil wrapped (AKA easy clean up) Salmon with Lemon and dill.
Salmon with Lemon & Dill Foiled Dinner
- 1 small leek (about 3 small ones),
- 1/2 tbsp chopped dill, plus 1 tsp
- 1 skinless salmon fillets
- ½ lemon, grated zest of ¼, plus a good squeeze of juice
- 2-3 tsp capers
- 1 sheet of foil about 12″ X12″
- Heat oven to 425. Place two sheets of baking parchment (large enough to wrap up each salmon fillet) on your work surface.
- Put the leeks in a pan with 6 tbsp water, cover and bring to the boil. Cook for 5 mins until the water has been absorbed and the leeks are almost tender. Stir in the 1 tbsp dill and some seasoning.
- Spoon half the leeks into the middle of one sheet of foil and place a salmon fillet on top, then repeat to make a second parcel. Sprinkle over the lemon zest with a squeeze of juice, then scatter over the capers and the remaining 1 tsp dill.
- Bring the parchment up over the fish and join the two edges together by folding them over several times down the middle. Do the same with the ends and place the parcels, spaced apart, on a baking sheet. 5. Bake for 12-15 mins, depending on how well done you like your fish, then carefully tear open the parcel. Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over.