Rainbow Tortellini Pasta Salad
Ingredients for Pasta Salad:
- 2 (8 oz) packages tortellini, cooked and drained
- Food coloring: red, orange, yellow, green, blue
- 1/2 red onion, small chop
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced sweet or bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Ingredients for Southwest Dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 lime, juiced
- Cook, rinse and cold water, and drain pasta according to package directions, set aside
- Boil 5 Cup of water until it reaches a rolling boil
- In 5 separate glass or metal small bowls add in 1 tsp food coloring to create Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, & Blue
- Carefully pour boiling water over food coloring and divide the pasta evening into the 5 colors
- Steep cooked and cooled pasta in food coloring for 5 minutes or until desired color is reached
- Strain Pasta, It works best to strain lightest to deepest color. Combine pasta in Large bowl and chill.
- Make the dressing: In a mason jar combine dressing ingredients, secure lid and shake to combine.
- Toss in all remaining salad ingredients with cooled pasta and fold to mix.
- Pour dressing over the top of salad and incorporate into the salad.
Store in fridge until ready to enjoy!