When your plate is full with life, but your not, it is time to step up your snack game. This recipe is great because you can customize with different fruits and nuts, they are great to have on hand to grab, and are healthy too!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk, (almond, soy, coconut…)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled old fashioned oats
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed or hempseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (Optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup fresh berries or other favorite fruit, divided save ¼ cup for top of bars
- 1/2 Cup chopped crunchy bits or nuts (almonds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, hazelnuts, cocoa nibs) , divided save ¼ cup for top of bars
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 8×8 square pan with parchment paper.
Combine all wet ingredients in a large bowl: Non-dairy milk, coconut oil, apple sauce, egg, honey(or maple syrup).
Add in all other ingredients except for the berries/fruit into the mix. Gently fold in 1 cup of berries/fruit. Spread mixture gently into a 8×8 square lined baking pan. Add your topping ingredients.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bars are cooked through and hold their shape. Remove from the oven, cool and then cut into 6 bars. Can be eaten warm or cold and last up to a week in your fridge too.
Mix In Ingredient Ideas
- Apples, cinnamon, walnuts
- Strawberries and almonds
- Peaches and Pecans
- Blueberries and pistachios
- Mixed Berries and almonds
- Cherries, hazelnuts, cocoa nib, and Nutella drizzle on top