Pink Champagne Trifle
Watch Video: Award-Worthy Oscar Party Bites
Chef Mary Matthews
makes 12 trifles in champagne glasses
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup champagne the sweeter the better
- 6 egg whites
- 4-5 drops pink food coloring
For the champagne buttercream frosting
- 3 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons champagne, at room temperature
- 6-8 drops red food coloring
- Pink Sugar & candy pearls to garnish
- 1 Pint sliced Strawberries to garnish
For the cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly sprays a parchment lined 9″ x 9″ baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until very light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt together. Alternate adding flour mixture and champagne into the creamed mixture.
- In another large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold 1/3 of the whites into batter to lighten it, then fold in remaining egg whites.
- Spread the batter evenly in the baking pan filling no more than 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Let Cool Completely, and cut into 1″ cubes and set aside
For the frosting
In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat together powdered sugar and butter. Mix on low until well blended, and then on medium for another 2 minutes. Add vanilla and champagne, beating on medium for another minute. Transfer frosting into a decorating bag fitted with a large star tip.
To Create the Trifle
Layer into the champagne glass: cake cubes, strawberries, and frosting. Using the pink sugar and candy pearls decorate as desired.