Oscar Worthy Vegetable Crudité
Watch Video: Award-Worthy Oscar Party Bites
Chef Mary Matthews
makes 12 crudités in champagne glasses
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Champagne vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 English cucumber, minced or grated
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill, plus 12 small sprigs to garnish
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. fresh mint
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 1 red pepper, sliced into 12 strips
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into 12 strips
- 3 celery stalks, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 1 jicama, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch sticks
- 2-3 Radishes, sliced thin to use as glass garnish
- Blend the yogurt together with the sour cream.
- Add the olive oil, champagne vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and lemon zest to the yogurt mixture and mix well.
- Finally, add the grated cucumber and chopped fresh dill.
- Portion mixture into champagne glasses filling halfway.
- divide the vegetables evenly into the glasses.
- garnish the glass with the radish slice and sprig of fresh dill
- Chill until ready to serve.