Carrot Coconut Curry Soup
Chef Mary Matthews
Makes: 6 Servings
- 2 TBSP Coconut oil
- 1/2 Cup onion, diced small
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 thumbsize piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 Carrots, peeled and noodlized or shredded, or grated
- 1 12 Oz. Can diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 TSP Ground Coriander
- 1/2 TSP Garam Masala
- 1 12 Oz Can Coconut milk
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 2 Ea Chicken Breasts, cooked and chopped small
- 1 TSP Salt
- 1 TSP Pepper
- 1/2 Cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 3 Cups Fresh Spinach, chopped
- Sambal chile sauce, to garnish
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, melt the coconut oil and add onions to sweat for 4-5 minutes until translucent.
- Add in garlic, ginger, coriander, garam masala, and curry powder. continue to cook over medium to low heat until aromatic 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the cooked chicken, tomatoes with juice, and chicken stock, bring to a boil. Stirring occasionally.
- Add Salt and Pepper and taste. adjust as needed/desired
- Add in carrot and coconut milk stir to combine and heat carrots
- Divide the spinach between bowls and pour soup over.
- Garnish with cilantro, chile sauce, and lime
- Make it Your Way Notes:
This soup would work great with shrimp, white fish, or pork as well.
To make vegetarian, substitute the chicken stock with vegetable stock, and garnish with peanuts to add protein.