BBQ Pork Tenderloin
Today is BBQ day and we wanted to share with you one of our favorite pork tenderloin recipes, works for the oven or the grill to try this week.
BBQ Pork Tenderloin
Makes 4-6 main servings
- 1 ea. pork tenderloin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce such as Tabasco
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (to sear pork)
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Trim pork of excess fat and silver skin, set aside
- In a large 4 Quart heavy pot, cook onion in melted butter over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add ketchup, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, hot sauce, and water and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 5-10 minutes.
- Heat 2 TBSP of oil over high heat. In the hot pan, sear the pork tenderloin on all sides, then place pork in a 9X 13 baking dish and pour ½ the sauce over pork. (Reserving remaining half to serve at the end)
- Bake, covered, until pork is cooked through and tender, 25-30 minutes. (Internal Heat 145 F)
- Transfer pork to a serving platter and cover to keep warm, allow to rest for 5 minutes. Boil remaining sauce, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Pour sauce over pork to serve.
Chef Notes: You can easily make this recipe on the grill too!
- Oil the trimmed pork tenderloin and sear directly on the grill.
- Remove and brush with ½ the BBQ sauce and wrap in foil.
- Through back on the grill in the foil and continue to cook over medium high heat until cooked and tender, internal temperature reaching 145 F
- Boil remaining sauce, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Pour sauce over pork to serve.
- Pull off and allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing.