I love experimenting with new food ideas, especially when it comes to healthy lunch options. Here is my take on the newest bowl craze, the Hummus bowl.
Beet Hummus Bowl
(My lunch shortcuts and tips in parenthesis)
- 1/2 Cup Hummus, (Pictured is beet, but you could use any flavor you like)
- 1/4 Cup Crunchy Chickpeas, (found in snack aisle)
- 1 boneless chicken breast, cooked (Rotisserie piece from deli)
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1 baby cucumber, small dice
- 2 radishes, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons Tzaziki sauce
- 2 Dates, minced
- Salt & Pepper & Olive Oil
- Put hummus in the base of the two bowls.
- Divide and top with all the Mediterranean goodies.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
My takeaways from making this bowl:
- Great way to use leftover produce from other meals throughout the week.
- Can be made any way I want to and without a recipe really!
Happy Hummus Bowl Making & Bon Appetit!