Chef Mary’s Fiesta Mini Tostadas
Served as an appetizer or as a main course, these simple and delicious Fiesta Mini Tostadas are sure to add flavor and fun to this season’s dining.
Makes 12 mini tostadas
- 12 Mini 4” flour tortilla shells
- Non-stick Spray
- 2 Tablespoons
- ½ small yellow onion, diced
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 8 oz. guacamole
- 12 oz. Pico De Gallo Salsa
- 8 oz. Queso Fresco Cheese
- 1 small bunch fresh Cilantro, to garnish
Preheat oven to 400 F
- Even Spray the tops and bottoms on the mini tortillas
- Toast in preheated oven until golden on edges, 5-7 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt the 2 Tablespoons of butter. Add the diced onion and sauté until onions are translucent about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken and the taco seasoning and cook through until hot. About 8-10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low to keep warm until ready to assemble, stirring occasionally.
- Spread the guacamole even on the toasted tortillas about 1 Tablespoon per tortilla.
- Top with warm shredded chicken, Pico de Gallo salsa, and Queso fresco cheese.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve immediately while the chicken is still warm.
This is a featured Spring & Summer appetizer at our Culinary Team Building events