Kids Connection & Dayshawn’s Enchiladas
Chef Dayshawn’s Cheese Enchiladas
TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1-1/3 cups water
- ¼ Cup Orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 16 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup Spinach, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cilantro, lime wedges, lime wedges, & lime zest to garnish.
- In a large saucepan, combine the first three ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the Monterey Jack, 2 cups cheddar cheese, onions, sour cream, parsley, chili powder, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt
- Dip the tortilla in the Tomato mixture coating both sides.
- Place about 1/3 cup of the cheese mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Roll up and place seam side down right next to each other into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour remaining sauce and remaining cheese over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro, lime zest, and
limewedge if desired.
See Dayshawn’s Story on Twin Cities Live Kids Connection