Happy Baseball Opening Day!
“Take me out to the ballgame, take me out to the crowd…”
Happy Opening day! To celebrate the retyurn of baseball, why not bake up some of these adorable cookies that are sure to be a home run!
Baseball Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup Butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Combine 1 cup butter, sugar and egg in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add orange juice and vanilla; mix well. Reduce speed to low; add flour and baking powder. Beat until well mixed.
- Divide dough into thirds; wrap in plastic food wrap. Refrigerate until firm (2 to 3 hours).
- Heat oven to 400°F. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface, one-third at a time (keeping remaining dough refrigerated), to 1/8 to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with 3-inch round cookie cutters. Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets; bake for 6 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar, 1/3 cup butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla in small bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often and adding enough milk for desired spreading consistency. Frost and decorate cooled cookies as desired. Divide the frosting to make the red piping to do the stiching for the baseballs
if you use a 4 to 5-inch cookie cutter, recipe will yield approximately 2 dozen cookies
Preparation time: 1 hrs. Baking time: 6-8 min
Yield: 3 dozen cookies.