It’s comfort food season, but baking a whole chicken pot pie can take to long for a weeknight dinner. This 30-minute pot pie bowl is a perfect way to enjoy all the rich warming flavors of a pot pie in under 30 minutes.
- 2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped small
- 1 stalk celery, chopped small
- 1 carrot, chopped small
- 2 medium red potatoes, diced small
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch mixed with 1 Tablespoon cold water
- 1 package of your favorite instant bakable biscuits
Preheat oven to 400F.
Place biscuits on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake until golden brown. (according to package directions) Set aside covered to keep warm.
While the dough is baking. In a Large Pan, melt butter and saute chopped onion, celery, carrot, and potatoes until onions are soft.
Add in the chicken broth, heavy cream, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, dried thyme, and shredded chicken.
Bring to a bowl and slowly stir in to thicken the Corn starch that has been mixed with 2 TBSP COLD water.
Once thickened, add in the peas.
Serve in warmed bowls and top with baked biscuits.