It’s a little sweet and a little sour just like 2020 was! Salute to 2021!
Makes 2 cocktails
- 2 ounces cherry simple syrup
- 10 ounces champagne (or prosecco)
- Cherries to garnish
- 1 Lemon (zested and juiced)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- Zest the lemon making sure to only zest the yellow outside no white pith, and combine with the 1/4 cup sugar. This will be your rimming sugar. Reserve lemon for juice later
- Dip half of the outside of a champagne glass into water and press into lemon sugar to create a half rim.
- Pour one ounce of the cherry simple syrup, and 1 ounce of lemon juice into the champagne glass and top up with chilled champagne.
- Garnish with cherries