Celebrate Halloween weekend with these spooktacular treats that you can make to share with friends and family!
Spiderweb Chocolate Cupcakes (Makes 16)
1/4 cup (2 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup (7 ounces) sugar
2 ounces of your favorite chocolate (You can use any plain chocolate that you like except white chocolate)
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 large egg yolks, room temperature
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon (4 1/2 fluid ounces) vegetable or canola oil, measured in a liquid measuring cup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup (2 3/4 ounce) full-fat sour cream
1 cup (5 ounces) all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup (2 ounces) cocoa powder
1/2 cup (4 fluid ounces) room temperature water, measured in a liquid measuring cup
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, mix butter and sugar until fully combined. The end result should look like wet sand.
3. Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler.
4. Once the melted chocolate is cool enough to touch, add it to the butter/sugar mixture and mix until just combined.
5. Mix in eggs and egg yolks one at a time until just combined.
6. Mix in oil, vanilla, and sour cream until just combined.
7. Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder into a separate medium-sized bowl. Use a fork or a whisk to ensure that the ingredients are mixed well after sifting.
8. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in three additions, mixing until just combined after each addition.
9. Mix in water until just combined.
10. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and put in the oven.
11. Check for doneness at 18 minutes – a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake should come out clean. If they are not done, check again every three minutes until they are done.
12. Immediately remove cupcakes from the cupcake tin and place on a cooling rack or on the counter to cool to room temperature before frosting.
Frost Entire Cupcake with Vanilla Frosting.
With Melted Chocolate in a small piping bag, pipe circles radiating from the center of the cupcake.
While the Chocolate is stil warm,, using a toothpick, pull lines from the center creating a web.
Place Spider on Cupcake to finish. Enjoy your spooky cupcake!
1 quart lime sherbet, slightly softened
1 container (12 oz) frozen limeade, thawed
1 bottle (1 liter) ginger ale
Gummy worm candies, if desired
Lime slices, if desired
1. In punch bowl, mix sherbet, limeade and ginger ale.
2. Pour into glasses. Garnish each glass with candy and lime slices. Serve immediately.