Dinner on the table in 30! Creamy Parmesan Chicken and Pasta
Get dinner on the table in 30 minutes for you and the family tonight. This chicken and pasta dish is easy to make and sure to be family approved. Make the chicken while the pasta is cooking and then just put it all together!
Creamy Parmesan Chicken and Pasta
- 16 oz. package of your favorite pasta, (linguini pictured)
- 1 pound chicken breasts, ( 2 large breasts)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 yellow onion finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the chicken. Cut breasts in half lengthwise, pound to even thickness, and cut into 2″ pieces. Lightly season chicken with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet add 2 tablespoons butter and melt over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, paprika, red chili pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Sauté for about five minutes, until onions and peppers are softened.
- Add in seasoned chicken to the pan and cook flipping occasionally.
- Add chicken stock to deglaze the skillet and bring to a gentle simmer until reduced by half. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until chicken is cooked through about 10-12 minutes. Reaches 165 F.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cream and diced tomatoes to the skillet and stir until a creamy sauce forms. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Add Parmesan, stir until melted into the sauce. Stir in basil, simmer until wilted, 1-2 minutes.
- Toss the chicken with the cooked pasta and enjoy.
This recipe is very versatile and can be made using vegetables you already have in your kitchen too!
Try substituting the parmesan with shredded cheddar cheese and the basil with broccoli.
Add in fall flavors by using diced and cooked butternut squash instead of the tomatoes and adding 1/4 cup fresh sage instead of the basil.
Spice it up with the addition of roasted red peppers and fire roasted diced tomatoes, adjust the red pepper flakes for even a bigger kick.