Serves 2 Mary Matthews
A Mediterranean inspired dinner in a bowl, full of bright flavors. Served warm or cold, and is a great 30-minute meal option to add to your week.
- 3/4 cup dry whole grain: quinoa, couscous, barley, or farro
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups Arugula
- 1/2 cup canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell pepper, drained and chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced (Rotisserie chicken works great too)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup basil, thinly sliced
- Cook the grain according to package directions with ½ teaspoon salt added to the water.
- Mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pressed garlic, basil, and thyme. Whisk all ingredients together until well combined.
- Season your dressing with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
- Next, in a large serving bowl, add the quinoa, Arugula, garbanzo beans, shredded chicken, red bell pepper, kalamata olives, and feta cheese. Gently toss the ingredients together, or layered.
- To serve, drizzle with the dressing and garnish with basil. Serve warm or chilled.
This recipe is also a great make ahead option for lunch later too!