Happy Oreo Day!
There are so many ways to enjoy one of America’s favorite sandwich cookies. Eveything from Ice Cream Shakes to simply dunking in milk, but I really like to bake with them and wanted to share one of our favorite recipes for Cookies & Cream Biscotti.
An oreo treat that can be enjoyed by all ages!
This also makes a great treat to give as an edible gift too! Happy dunking!
Cookies & Cream Biscotti
Makes 30-32 pieces of biscotti
What You Need
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled (must be cool enugh to not coagulate eggs 140 F or cooler)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 16 OREO Cookies, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 Cup melting chocolate
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Mix sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt; mix well.
Stir in chopped cookies. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 9×3-inch loaf on lightly greased baking sheet with floured hands.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes.
Cut each loaf into 16 (1/2-inch-thick) slices. Place slices, cut sides up, on same baking sheet.
Bake an additional 10 to 12 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted on both sides. Cool completely on wire rack.
- MELT the chocolate according to package directions
- DUNK the cooled biscotti bottoms into melted chocolate and place on parchment or wax paper to cool and set up.