Summertime is all about making the most of the beautiful weather and cooking outdoors. Here is a delicious alternative to your typical grilled brat tested last night and enjoyed out on the patio these Italian relish topped brats are “Molto Bene”!
- 1 red bell pepper, small diced
- 1/2 sweet vandalia onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 Cup shredded parmesan regiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. In a medium pan melt butter, add onion, garlic ,and red pepper. Saute until garlic is aromatic and onion is almost transclucent about 2-3 minutes over medium heat. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. in a small bowl combine vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper. whisk together.
3. last, mix all remaining ingredients with the sautéed mixture and toss with the olive oil dressing. Refrigerate until ready to use on brats.
Grill up your favorite italian brat, place on italian style buns, and top with the Italian relish and enjoy!
Chef Mary Matthews