To celebrate why not make your own Tortilla Chips and Chunky Salsa
Salsa and Homemade Chips
- 1 pkg Flour Tortillas, 1 per child
- Kosher Salt
- Taco Seasoning
- Parchment lined Baking Sheet
- Pam Spray
- Small mixing bowls per child
- Knife and cutting board(or paper plate) per child
- Cut tortillas into six pieces each.
- Spray baking sheet with Pam Spray.
- Lay out chips out in a single layer.
- Spray Pam on top of chips.
- Sprinkle chips with Kosher Salt and taco seasoning.
- Bake 8-10 min. at 425 F until chips turn golden brown at edges. Approx. 8-10 min.
- Sprinkle with extra salt to taste.
- Lime juice can be squeezed over warm chips for another flavor alternative
- 10 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 @ 4 oz. canned green chiles, minced and drained
- 1 Onion, cleaned and chopped
- 1 bunch Cilantro, to shred into salsa
- 1 Lime , juiced
- Combine all ingredients in small mixing bowls and stir. Serve with Chips