Happy National Pancake Day!
I have to admit I am not very big on sweets for breakfast , so when I get a whole day to celebrate pancakes, I love it becuse it gives me an excellent excuse to have breakfast for dinner!
thought I would share on of my very favorite takes on the Go-To Pancake with you today, you’ll flip over how delicious they are.
Blood Orange Ricotta Pancakes
Chef Mary Matthews, 2/21/2017
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Egg
- 2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk (Almond milk is a great substitute here too)
- 2 Ea. Blood Orages, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup and confectioners’ sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda
- and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, cheese, milk, blood orange juice, butter, orange zest and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients until just incorporated. (resist the urge to overmix)
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a oiled hot griddle or large frying pan; turn when bubbles form on top.
- Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup and confectioners’ sugar. Yield: 24 pancakes.