Going Bananas, Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Muffins
Prep time: 15 min Cook time: 24 min, makes 12 muffins, Mary Matthews
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free 1:1 Baking flour
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup of chocolate chunk chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (or 175 °C) and line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
2. Stir together the cinnamon and sugar that will be used to sprinkle on top.
3. In a large bowl stir together the mashed bananas, melted butter, milk, eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined then set it aside.
4. In another bowl stir together the Bisquick, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and using a rubber spatula stir the wet and dry ingredients together until well combined. The batter should be pretty thick.
5. Fold in the chocolate chunk chips until they are evenly dispersed throughout the batter then evenly divide the batter among the twelve paper liners. Save a few chunks per muffin to add on to the top too!
6. Bake the muffins for 24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing them to cool completely on a baking rack.