Thank you for choosing to send your child to the Way Cool Cooking School this summer, there really is no bigger honor than to be entrusted to teach, engage, cook, laugh and learn with your child.I wanted to connect with you regarding our plan for our Summer Program and COVID-19. Our summer program allows us to provide important life skills, much needed childcare for working parents, and socialization for kids. We are excited to announce that we will be going forward with our summer camps and can’t wait to cook with your kids! Our camps will look a little different this year and I want to assure you that we are implementing additional procedures to keep everyone safe.
As a small business, we truly appreciate your patience and understanding as we have been navigating this difficult and constantly changing situation. There’s nothing we want more than to be cooking with you and your family so we are doing everything we can to make that happen whether it’s in person or cooking virtually!
Owner and CEO of Way Cool Cooking School
Please note that as Minnesota and CDC policies change, our plan will as well to reflect the most current ways we can provide a safe environment for your children to learn and cook in.
- Drop Off/Pick Up: As you arrive, we will have a wellness check station set up outside of our space and will be taking the temperature of each child and the adult dropping them off. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be able to attend. We ask that you wear a face mask when dropping off and picking up your child. We realize this process will take a few minutes and ask that you practice social distancing while waiting.
- We welcome children to wear a mask.
- Everyone who is sick or has a household member who is sick must stay home.
- Following CDC Guidelines: When you enter our kitchens, you will find a cleaned & sanitized kitchen complete with a “Sanitation Station”, increased hand-washing, and socially distanced tables.
- Our Staff: Our staff will be going through a health and wellness check daily with temperatures being taken and will not be allowed to come to work if they or anyone in their household is ill.
- Decreased Capacity: We are operating our camps at 50% capacity.
- How Camp Will Work: Kids will work together in small groups and be with the same kids all week. Each small group will receive their own set of ingredients and tools that will be cleaned and disinfected by our chefs who have been trained in sanitation protocols set by the CDC and the State of Minnesota Health Department.
We understand that Covid-19 has affected every family differently please contact us at 952-949-6799 to speak to us if you have any questions or concerns about your registration.