Happy Tortilla Day!
To celebrate why not make your own Tortilla Chips and Chunky Salsa
Salsa and Homemade Chips
· 1 pkg Flour Tortillas, 1 per child
· Kosher Salt
· Taco Seasoning
· Parchment lined Baking Sheet
· Pam Spray
· Small mixing bowls per child
· Knife and cutting board(or paper plate) per child
1. Cut tortillas into six pieces each.
2. Spray baking sheet with Pam Spray.
3. Lay out chips out in a single layer.
4. Spray Pam on top of chips.
5. Sprinkle chips with Kosher Salt and taco seasoning.
6. Bake 8-10 min. at 425 F until chips turn golden brown at edges. Approx. 8-10 min.
7. Sprinkle with extra salt to taste.
8. Lime juice can be squeezed over warm chips for another flavor alternative
· 10 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
· 2 cloves garlic minced
· 1 @ 4 oz. canned green chiles, minced and drained
· 1 Onion, cleaned and chopped
· 1 bunch Cilantro, to shred into salsa
· 1 Lime , juiced
1. Combine all ingredients in small mixing bowls and stir. Serve with Chips
If you like this, you might also like our upcoming Springtime Spanish Tapas & Sangria Party!